How Does My Story Process Work?
STEP 1: DISCOVERY
Before we can tell others the story of your business, we need to gather all the pieces of it.
This happens through a process of phone or video calls, emails, and online research designed to answer key questions like …
Who and what is your business?
When, where, why, and how did it first come to life?
Who does it serve, what does it offer, and how is it special?
What is your market, and who are the other players in it?
What motivates your business? What does it stand for?
STEP 2: PLANNING
We then explore how these pieces fit together into a shape that best serves your business goals.
The end result of this collaborative process is a strategy document that answers mission critical questions like …
What are the challenges you address for customers?
What are the opportunities you create for them?
What is the unique promise only you can make to them?
Why do you care about their success?
And why should they care about yours?
STEP 3: TELLING
Using this plan as a road map enables us to breathe new life into your small business story.
The specific vehicle used to tell your story will vary depending on what it takes to inspire action from the future customers you’re trying to reach to grow your business.
Some possibilities include …
Professionally crafted text for websites and “About” pages
Online articles, blog posts, and social media profiles
Scripts for multimedia projects, audio or video
Larger and long-term projects, like a book or an article series
Ghostwriting and co-authoring options available
- When Two Blocks is a MileDistance is a strange thing. What's close can seem far away, and what's on the other side of the world can feel as if it's in the same room. Ultimately, it's less about how we measure it than the story it tells. The post When Two Blocks is a Mile first appeared on Story Heller. Read more »
- The Story of a Bad DayThere’s no way around it. Some days just suck. I was having a day like this yesterday. And it took running across somebody else having a bad day for me to put it into a different perspective and move forward. The post The Story of a Bad Day first appeared on Story Heller. Read more »
- Wait … You Dressed Up as WHAT?!The story of Halloween and trick or treat is constantly evolving, and has been ever since people started doing it almost a century ago. For instance, some costumes that used to be acceptable might not be today. The post Wait ... You Dressed Up as WHAT?! first appeared on Story Heller. Read more »
- Indistinguishable from MagicAs a business, when it comes time to tell the story of what it is we do for our customers, how much do we actually need to explain to people? And how much can we simply write off as a kind of magic? The post Indistinguishable from Magic first appeared on Story Heller. Read more »
- That Moment When the Log SplitsThe key to success for any of us, in business or in life, is persistence. Putting in the work. Refining our form. Keeping our eye on the log. And above all, embracing the work not as a chore, but as a choice. The post That Moment When the Log Splits first appeared on Story Heller. Read more »